Alumni - Former Group Members
Vitaliy Chagovets, Ph.D.
Born: 2.4.1981, Kharkov, Ukraine, nationality: Ukraine.
- 2010 - Ph.D. thesis "Intermolecular interactions of polyatomic alcohols and nitrogen bases with their ion-solvate surrounding under low temperatures" (supervisor Dr. Sci. M.V. Kosevich, ILTPE NASU).
- 2003 - 2006 - Post Graduate Ph.D. Student at the Mass Spectrometric Group of the Department of Molecular Biophysics of the ILTPE NASU (Supervisor Dr. Sci. Kosevich M.V.).
- 2002 - 2003 - Master degree in Biophysics, V. Karazin Kharkov National University, Kharkov, Ukraine, Department of Medical and Biological Physics. Thesis: "Study of peculiarities of interactions of purine bases with bivalent metal ions in the frozen water solutions by the method of low temperature mass spectrometry", distinguished by a honoured diploma.
- 1998 - 2002 - Bachelor degree, V. Karazin Kharkov National University, Kharkov, Ukraine.
- 1987 - 1998 - Secondary education, graduated being distinguished by golden medal from Physics-Mathematics Lyceum N 173, Kharkov, Ukraine.
- Research worker at the Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Pardubice.
- Development of desorption mass spectrometric techniques, instrumentation, and software and their application to problems of molecular biophysics, biochemistry, and nanotechnology. Quantum chemical and molecular dynamics modeling of nanoclusters of organic and biomolecules observed in mass spectrometric experiments. Study of interactions of redox-active dyes and chromophores with carbon-based nanomaterials relevant to biosensors design. Investigation of polyatomic alcohols and polyether polymers with biomolecules and inorganic ions.
- Member of Ukrainian Biophysical Society, Ukrainian and Russian Mass Spectrometric Societies.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the International Conference "Nanobiophysics: fundamental and applied aspects", (2009, Kharkov, Ukraine).
- Member of the Organizing Committees of the International Conferences for Young Scientists "Low Temperature Physisc" (2010, 2011, Kharkov, Ukraine).
- European Science Foundation travel grant for participation in a ESF conference Biomolecules: From Gas Phase Properties to Reactions Relevant in Living Cells (2006, Austria).
- Journal of Mass Spectrometry Award for Young Scientists (2009) and travel grant for oral presentation at the JMS Award Symposium at the 18th International Mass Spectrometry Conference (Bremen, 2009).
- Scholarship from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for young scientists (2007-2009).
- Travel grant for participation in the 8th Uppsala Conference (UPPCON) on Electron Capture and Transfer Dissociation (2011, Switzerland).
- Travel grant of Science and Technology Centre in Ukraine for participation in the 2nd International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and applications (2011, Canada).
- 14 papers in international journals, author and co-author of 20 presentations at international and national conferences