Head of Group
Prof. Ing. Michal Holčapek, Ph.D.
- Grammar School in Moravské Budějovice (1986 - 90).
- Master degree in analytical chemistry - University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry (1990 - 95).
- Ph.D. degree - University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry (1995 - 99), Ph.D. thesis “Coupling of Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry” under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Pavel Jandera defended in November 1999.
- Associate professor of analytical chemistry - University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry (2003-2009).
- Professor of analytical chemistry - University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry (from 2009).
- Professor of analytical chemistry - University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry.
- Mass spectrometry and its coupling with high-performance liquid chromatography, lipidomic analysis, structural analysis of (bio)organic compounds, search for biomarkers of serious diseases, drug metabolite identification.
- Journal Analytical Chemistry (IF=5.695) - member of A-page features panel in editorial advisory board (from 2014).
- Journal Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry (IF=3.659) - member of international advisory board (from 2014).
- Journal Lipids (IF=2.557) - member of editorial board (from 2010).
- Journal of Biomacromolecular Mass Spectrometry - member of the editorial board (from 2006).
- Editor of the special volumes of Journal of Chromatography A (IF=4.101) entitled "Mass spectrometry - innovation and application. Part VI", Volume 1217 (25), June 2010; "Mass spectrometry - innovation and application. Part VII", Volume 1259, October 2012;
- Lipidomic section of Czech Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology - member of working committee.
- International Mass Spectrometry Foundation - national representative of the Czech Republic (2005-2013).
- Spectroscopic Society of J.M.M. - head of mass spectrometric group (2005-2013), member of central committee and head of the section for special spectroscopic techniques (2005-2013), head of the group of environmental analysis (2001-2005).
- The chairman of Schools of mass spectrometry (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 a 2008), Schools of HPLC/MS (2005, 2003 and 2001) and 14. Czech - Slovak spectroscopic conference (2010) organized by Spectroscopic Society J.M.M. and University of Pardubice. Member of organizing committee of 17th International Mass Spectrometry Conference in Prague 2006 and 11th International Symposium on Separation Sciences in Pardubice 2005.
- Czech Science Foundation - chairman of panel P206 - Analytical chemistry (from 2011).
- Member of scientific councils of FCHI VŠCHT Praha (from 2010) and Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice (from 2011).
- Member of advisory committee for PhD. studies in analytical chemistry - University of Pardubice (from 2005), Palacký University Olomouc (from 2007), FCHI VŠCHT Praha (from 2010).
- Academic senate of Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice - member.
- Chromatography knowledge base Chromedia project, topic owner of Mass Spectrometry.
- Czech Chemical Society - member of central committee (2005-2009).
- Power List of 100 most influential people in the analytical sciences (2013 and 2015, The Analytical Scientist).
- Co-author of the best work in the clinical pharmacology in 2007, 2006 and 2003 awarded by the Czech Society for Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology of Czech Medical Society J.E. Purkyně.
- The award for the best scientific work of author under 35 years awarded on Colorchem 2000 conference (May 2000).
- The second prize for the best scientific work in spectroscopy for authors under 35 years devoted by Spectroscopic Society J.M.M. (December 1999).
- “The prize of Karel Preis” for the best research article of the year 1998 in Czech journal Chemické listy (March 1999).
- “The Prize for Chemistry” of the year 1997 devoted by French embassy in Czech Republic and Rhône-Poulenc company (June 1997).
- Diploma thesis “The Study of Possibilities of Analytical Monitoring of Nitration N-acyl o-anisidine by HPLC” awarded the second prize by Jureček̕s foundation at University of Pardubice (June 1995).
- 115 research articles in international journals, 11 articles in Czech journals, 15 chapters in textbooks, author and co-author of more than 300 presentations at international and national conferences including more than 20 invited keynote and plenary lectures.
- H-index 3ě, >3000 citations according to Web of Science.
- Article reviews for more than 20 international journals.
Foreign Research Stays
- June - July 2004: Prof. Dr. Tyge Greibrokk, Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo, Norway.
- August 2003: Prof. Dr. František Tureček, Analytical Division, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA.
- July 2003: Prof. Dr. Barry L. Karger, The Barnett Institute of Chemical and Biological Analysis, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA.
- June - September 2001: Dr. Michael Balazy, New York Medical College, Department of Pharmacology, Valhalla, NY, USA.
- October - November 1997: Dr. Christoph Moulin, CEA Saclay, Paris, France.
- Running research projects - principal investigator of ERC CZ project LL331302 (Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic), co-investigator of No. P502/10/0217 (Czech Science Foundation).
- Finished research projects - principal investigator of No. 203/09/0139, 206/11/0022, 203/06/0219, 203/04/P126, 203/03/1071 and 203/00/P024 (all from Czech Science Foundation) and co-investigator of MG352014 and FT-TA/046 (both from Ministry of Industry and Trade, Czech Republic).
- Member of research teams (finished projects): No. 203/08/1536, 203/05/2106, 203/04/0917, 203/02/0023, 203/01/0238, 203/99/0044, 203/98/0598, 203/96/0124 (Czech Science Foundation), VS-96058 and 253100002 (Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Czech Republic).
- Subject “Mass Spectrometry in Organic Analysis”, lecturer from the academic year 1999/2000.
- Subjects “Spectral Analytical Methods” and "Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy", lecturer from the academic year 2011/2012.
- Subject “Experimental Methods in Structural Research”, mass spectrometry part, lecturer from the academic year 2007/2008.
- Teaching in laboratory courses of analytical chemistry.
- Supervisor of 7 doctoral theses and 7 diploma theses, specialized advisor of other doctoral and diploma theses.
- Member of committees for final examination, Ph.D. examination and associate professorship committees.